Re: OT : bass preamp

Almost all of the high end bass pre's are extremely nice. Set flat, they sound remarkably similar. Most players blindfolded can't tell the difference. Where they begin to get personality is when eq is applied. That said, The sweetest eq, imho, is either the Demeter or the Alembic. The Aguilar stuff is really sweet too.
My favorite is the out of production Demeter. Its a 1.5 rack unit. If you find one of those, grab it.
On Nov 30, 2008, at 1:40 PM, David Grego wrote:

You can fool a lot of people with the Pod, but if you are really listening to the SONIC SERIOUSNESS/Lay of the sound sculpted landscape, you should consider any of the Alembic preamps. I also like the Aguilar 680. I have and use them all. Depending on what I have to accomplish, I almost always run two channels to record the bass. One is direct, the other through a mic-ed tube bass amp. A little compression to taste adds the right ingredients for the savvy ear. That is all. Enjoy.

David Grego

From: erdemhel@tnn.net
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: OT : bass preamp
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 19:10:46 +0200

hi,

i have just recorded 2 new albums with the american accordionist michael ward bergeman in london. for one of these albums i need to add some electric bass parts. at the moment, i do not have a bass preamp. do not have much info about rack bass preamps. what would you suggest for me to buy? a unit like bass pod or a tube preamp?

thanks and best regards.

Erdem Helvacioglu
www.erdemhelvacioglu.com
www.myspace.com/erdemhelvacioglu
"Altered Realities" album is out on New Albion Records:
chosen as"Album of the year 2007" by All About Jazz Magazine
www.newalbion.com/NA_CDS/NA131/NA131.htm
www.amazon.com/Helvacioglu-Altered-Realities-Erdem/dp/B000GFLE9A/sr=8-1/qid=1161162264/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-0939524-3125629?ie=UTF8

Access your email online and on the go with Windows Live Hotmail. Sign up today.