Re: slicing audio

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Per, sorry, I have very little idea how to do most of what you said at
this point.

RP, in the tutorial they use arrangement view, which seems to be a lot
more flexible. however that requires me to drag clips one at a time
into their own tracks in arrangement view and then delete them when
done, a very awkward process. Is there a way to use the selection tool
in the sample edit area? (I looked in the manual but couldn't find
any).

Owen, it seems to me that would work well enough, except I can't
figure out how to do precise selection in the sample editor in session
view because it always snaps but never shows more than 1 beat
gridlines. If I disable loop, it lets me select precisely but doesn't
let me use lots of critical looping features.

Any other things I can try or should I turn to external tools?

Thanks everyone,
Nick