Re: Vortex problem

mark francombe wrote:

> Hmm why do you think its a leaky capacitor?

Electrolytic Capacitors on the the various power rails
are likely components to fail.
Also diodes in the power regulation, but that's more obvious
to find.

>     (Vortex schematic now available from
>     http://www.andybutler.com/vortex/vortex.htm )
>

> Interesting!!!
>
> More playing with reveals that the echos vanish just randomly, UPON
> TURNING THE PRESET ENCODER... can be any patch.. might it be a dodgy /
> dirty encoder? Can I clean it (like some pots?)

If the encoder's dodgy,
then it won't take you through all the presets (1-16).
That's a common fault, and Lexicon don't have any encoders left.

Luckily Bob "Jamman" Sellon is on the case.

http://www.stecrecords.com/gear/jamman/EncoderRepair/index.php

Cleaning is possible, but not a long term solution.

> thanks andy... looks like I need an expert.... damn.!!!
>
> mark

andy