Ive never see what I was looking for (a side popup table affair) but was imagining something, not ness from "the music people" who might have something...

However, My new idea is to fill the racks lid with stuff and get a small keyboard stand, take lid off and voilá.. a table... and can be PRE-plugged!

(some of you have have got the impression I was going lappy huh??? Nei!!! I would miss all this cabling routing racking problems) but NO... I DID buy the wrong mixer about 2 months ago it seems... but I now have a new vision of my new rack system... theres a few kinks to iron out.. But will get there soon...

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 6:08 AM, William Walker <billwalker@baymoon.com> wrote:

What kind of rack do you have I believe both SKB and Gator make such a thing which I assume would be similar to European brands of the same build.

Bill

From: mark francombe [mailto:mark@markfrancombe.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 3:16 AM
To: loopers-delight
Subject: Any suggestions for side of rack surfaces...

Hi!

After just getting a new rack (mixer rack 10U across the top and 6 down) I suddenly realize that my old rack drawer solution for my "table-top" items... just aint gonna work, and I was thinking... what if there was some kinda clever "clip-on" side table, or "wings" that I could pull out and clip on to either side of my rack creating a flat surface for kaos pad / AirFX kind of things... The items themselves could easily be stored in a compartment in the lid of the rack, and cabling could be all up and ready to pull out... so I think it could work well... but DIY not being my strong point (ask the wife) something... that can hook over the edge of the side of a open topped rack...

Seen anything?

www.markfrancombe.com
http://vimeo.com/user825094
http://uk.youtube.com/user/markfrancombe