RE: OT SANTA CRUZ site of the Y2K9 International Live LoopingFestival

I have tried several times to bring my "looping act" to the zen center where I practice. My Buddha buddies see amps and strats and stomp boxes and freak out. I wish I could get them to see just how zen and meditational looping is.
Samadhi for everyone! And coffee. And green tea....

J.D. 'Onryu' Devros
deafrose58

illian@charter.net
> Subject: Re: OT SANTA CRUZ site of the Y2K9 International Live Looping Festival
> Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 07:40:12 -0800
> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
>
> My favorite part is the "robes with built in hoodies" and the part
> about "oceans of coffee."
>
> I'm in.
>
> Can I paint "icons"?
>
> Best regards,
>
> tEd ® KiLLiAn
>
> http://www.myspace.com/tedkillian
> http://www.reverbnation.com/tedkillian
> http://www.pfmentum.com/PFMCD007.html
> http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
> http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
> http://www.indiejazz.com/ProductDetailsView.aspx?ProductID=193
> http://guitarplayer.com/article/y2k6-international-live/Jun-07/27768
>
> Ted Killian's "Flux Aeterna" is also available at Apple iTunes
>
> "You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when
> it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." — Anne
> Lamott (Traveling Mercies, although on page 22 of Bird by Bird she
> attributes this quote to "my priest friend Tom")
>
> On Dec 12, 2008, at 6:59 AM, Nemoguitt@aol.com wrote:
>

> > In a message dated 12/11/08 10:18:16 PM, ParadoxQuine@gmail.com
> > writes:
> >

> > Please do start a house for live looping in SC :P
> >

> > i've been reading NEAL STEVENSON'S "ANATHAM", very enjoyable, and i
> > was just visited by a dear old friend from the way back.....we had
> > spent 5 years together in a CARMELITE monastery.....we were speaking
> > about the joys of community living and how we both missed this way of
> > life.....i had mentioned to mickey that the LD community was something
> > that gave me a sense of the "good ol days", one for all, all for
> > one!.....so all of these "monastic" thoughts made me think, rather
> > than a home for old loopers, we could start a LOOPASTERY, where old
> > loopers would be reveared and young loopers would raise food and keep
> > the solar panels clean.....in my minds eye, i see, billy bob walker
> > and i being in charge of the kitchen because we "clean as we go" an
> > essential of happy food prep.....daily musical services, courses on
> > LOOPOLOGY, trying to mend the lappy/hardware schism, verily, even
> > attempting to bring peace to the PC/APPLE devide.....our work would be
> > long and hard but the rewards of seeing the bright unbelieving smiles
> > of both children and crusty ol folk on hearing their first LOOPS and
> > indeed, the rapture of creating their very first LOOP.....oh
> > my!.....the overwhelming amount of scootola that will be garnished
> > with monster cd sales, the funds collected at the NEVER ENDING LOOP
> > CHAPEL, the festivals and shows created by our world traveling
> > missionaries (LOOPANARIES).....can you imagine the "STUDIO" that would
> > be created.....so many blinky lites, so many boops and beeps, the mind
> > boogles.....no more, "DAD! turn that shit down!".....families could
> > visit for a fee.....and yes robes! with built in hoodies!.....all made
> [...]

Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your Hotmail® account.