Re: OT: live/firebox/kaoss pad problems (not sure which but something's wrong)

Rainer,

thanks for the advice. it seems the problem occurs somewhere between
the input into the firebox and ableton live reading the input. as that
is the only program I have that lets me choose the input channels, im
not sure how to determine if the issue is hardware or software. also,
I reinstalled the firmware on the firebox and restarted my imac and no
change.

actually, I just tested the firebox connected to my macbook pro with a
fresh install of ableton and a mic plugged in to input line 3 (where
the pad previously was) and it's still at about 10% input volume.
Unless there's a control for the input volume on the firebox (which I
don't see for the line ins) should I assume the box's inputs are
broken all of a sudden?

is there any way for me to test to see if the box's hardware is broken
for sure, other than the deductive logic I just used to conclude that?

Thanks,
Nick