Another EDP question

I don't know whether I'm doing something wrong, or whether I have a slight
fault with my EDP (running loop4), (or even if I've found a bug), but I've
come across something unexpected...

At times, when I have quantize=8th, and I press either multiply or insert
(rpl or sub), the EDP 'hangs' (display shows three waiting boxes
indefinitely).  If I change quantize to off or cycle or loop, everything
behaves as expected. Changing quantize back to 8th brings the problem
back. (btw, I have 8ths/cycle set to 8, but I've tried other values, no
difference.  Also, when in the hanging state, another press of the same
button does resolve things of course).

This seems to be happening during and following use of a preset where I
have 'tempo select' turned on.  However, if I then go to another preset
(ie, one that doesn't use tempo select, the problem persists.  What's
really weird is that if I then power down the EDP and then turn it back on
again, the problem is sorted (until I next go to my 'tempo select'
preset).  This seems kind of odd, because, I think, all current settings
are retained in memory (? in preset 0), and recalled after powering off
and on, but in my case it seems that a rogue issue is being rectified
(thankfully).

Any ideas why this is happening?  I don't know if any of my other settings
are causing this.

Stephen Scott