Re: special sauce, secret goo

I really liked your post on your fuzz effects, Miko!

I"ve been a very big fan of your guitar playing for a long time.

I have to say that many, many years ago (probably at least 20)  I
remember sitting outside of
a show that you were playing (because your volumes were always a little
loud for my ears)
and just fucking relishing the sound that you had going:

It was louder than fucking God and it was nasty and sexy and lyrical all
the same.
Even outside of the venue (I was always afraid that you would notice
that I wasn't inside)
it sounded huge and incredible.

Come to think of it,  three of my favorite guitar listening experiences
were experienced standing outside
of a venue, because (1) it was too loud for my ears or (2)  I couldn't
get in

That day you played (1).     Stan-o-saur's Y2K7 performance (1)     and
Jimi Hendrix
at the Northern California Rock Festival in San Jose (2)

I've always thought of you as one of the guitarists who got the very
best sound out of your pedals,
so , since I'm a fuzz newbie myself  (Stan-0-saur gave me my first gift
of a red Dunlop Fuzz Face
to start me off in this pedal addiction I find myself in currently),  it
was really cool to
hear what you have used.

I did a noise show recently with my friend Tait-O, from Tokyo's Noise
Clinic and
had incredible sounds coming out of a ZVEX fuzz factory and your
aforementioned
PRESCRIPTION experience.        I was thinking about springing for one
(ooooh, they are pricey) before you posted this, but I think hearing
that you used to
use one is going to push me over the top.

The other fantastic distorted sound that I heard recently was Scout
Nibblet, the british
indie singer songwriter (who is really simplistic, minimalistic and cool
imho) playing live.

She had a POG and a Big Muff and a Fender styled guitar (I think a Jazz
Master but am
not sure) and that's all.

If you can describe distortion as having chunks of sound (and fuzz
having much, much smaller grains)
she had gigantic chunks of sound that were not always uniform.
It was huge and terrifying and dangerous and anarchic
sounding..................a whole universe in a sound

It just turned me on to hear here play.

Thanks for the post.