Re: yamaha vintage synths

I remember a friend had the DX-100, that was a cool synth! While the
keyboard didn't have touch sensitivity, I think the sound unit could
over midi.

 I think it's a myth that they are hard to program. I bought a dx-7
when I discovered that with a couple random adjustments on any patch,
I could get it to sound like a orchestra of cymbals played over
shortwave radio : )

This was breath of fresh air when nothing from Roland or Korg could be
made to sound like anything other than a cheesy pop synth no matter
what you did to it. You could really get some gnarly, hammered metal
sounds out of FM synths

--
Art Simon
simart@null.net