Re: WAH WAHS

Rainer Straschill wrote:
> Rick,

> the frequency band is sweepable). Then again, I would assume a Line6
> FM4 might work very well for the purpose of having a non-typical wah
> with a huge range -

yep, I have the rack version Filter Pro.
As it has the line6 pedal morph thing you
can accurately program each end of the sweep
for freq, Q and volume.
I don't think the range is spectacular tho'.

Some nice autowahs in the Zoom 1201, there's a
nice dark Zappaesque envelope filter and some
more extreme triggered filters, one of which is great for bass sounds.

My current "funk-filter" of choice is the Electro Harmonix Stereo
Polyphase.
The envelope following phase has a nice wah colour, but doesn't
have the jumps in volume that a regular filter wah can give.

Special mention to the Electro Harmonix Talking Pedal.
2 wahs run in parallel to give a series of vowel sounds.
Again, there's less problem with vol jumps.
Must be the rarest of EH pedals tho'.

andy butler