RE: Fahey: a couple of questions

Happy New Year, Rick!
Not sure of the below mentioned tuning Fahey used but I saw him at the Catalyst in the mid '80s ( I got turned on to him in the '70s with the Kottke, Fahey, Peter Laing album) He was so drunk he kept asking the audience if he was in tune. But once he started playing, ooh, boy!
The best part of that evening was he opened for Odetta --The stage was barely lit and we heard her singing loud and clear--She was in the back of the hall and sang her way to the stage without a mic! Incredible evening.
J.D.