OT: FCP/E and Intel Mac question(s)

I'm wondering if anyone, possibly Mark if you catch this one, can advise me on a transition I'm about to make.

I'm moving my editing ventures to either FCHD, FCP or FCE.

My plans are to get either a new Macbook 2.1mhz (2gig ram) or a used Macbook Pro 2.16 or 2.33mhz (2gig ram).  Since the Macbook has integrated video I've understood that parts of FC won't work such as Motion and the Color mod?  Is this right?  Will the other modules work on this machine?  Will everything work on a Macbook Pro?

I'm leaning towards Mbooks as I get a lot done on my subway commutes re editing (presently working in Premiere on a Dell).

Also I have at present a copy of FCHD 4.0 that will load on my 500mhz G4 tower but bombs out when you try to render anything, gathering it's just too inefficient hw.  Will that version 4.0 with the 4.5 update run on the Intel Mac's?  If not what version will?

Thanks for all info and happy new year.

Jim

--
The Acoustic World Guitar of Jim Goodin  - http://www.jimgoodinmusic.com