RE: feedback nylon tapping hedges

Ok well, as far as I know Tal  Farlow beat everyone to it,  at least to the finger tapping part.and that’s not talking about the Brazilian guys like Baden Powell, who could mimic a samba batteria with percussive slaps and scrapes on his guitar. This was happening back in the 60’s at least.

Bill.

From: samba - [mailto:sambacomet@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2009 9:05 AM
To: loopers-delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: OT:feedback nylon tapping hedges

"... two hand tap acoustic guitarrists,... since Michael Hedges invented it."
  Heges was brilliant,inspiring etc. But definately didn't invent tapping. My friend
 Paul Prince,(an excellent guitarist,prolly the first to apply tapping to African guitar styles)
 told me about sitting with Hedges at the old Varsity Theater,
  in Palo Alto ( sort of the clubhouse for Windam Hill) listening to Tuck Andreas,who was tapping
  and Hedges saying "that's it" He got the idea from Tuck.
  But maybe you meat Hedges picku system,which wa highly worked out,esp fro his modern harp guitar.