Re: OT Re: DEFINING CULTURAL YEAR of the DECADE

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 4:10 AM, Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:
> Looking forward to this year, creatively.  I think we are going to do
> amazing stuff.................who knows?
> Maybe we'll define the decade when history looks back on us.     We
> certainly have all the tools we need to do so.
> Now we have to produce.

Intersting post - as always from Rick. :-)  I'd like to respond to the
quoted part above that we also need THE MUSIC. That's so basic and
simple for us age over 35 (referring to Andy's analysis of viewers on
Vimeo) because we have had many years to learn music, but for younger
peeps it may not be that obvious. In the old days you had to have the
music first, only that would qualify you to get a chance to produce
recordings of it. Today "producing recordings" can also be a method of
"making music" and this opens up for the alternate, and dreadfully
counter productive, scenario where one produces a recording without
having the music in the first place. For a person that have not
learned to *get* music this doesn't mean a problem because this person
will get off just on the hi fi sound a punchy omphyness of the
recording. But non recordist-tech-nerd people can not understand such
a recording and this may lead into confusion where a lot of people
have had "bad experiences with modern music". Oh crap, does this make
sense? shall I post it? I write so much crap and only post a third
here on the list, the rest I just delete instead of hitting the send
button. But this time I will hit the send button... yeah - here - WE
_GOOOooOOH!   <hit send now>

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen - www.perboysen.com