Re: Duduk

Hehe ... Rick quotes another of my favorite lines ...

George, you are missed.

Dennis

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 7:41 PM, Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:
Chris wrote:,
"The duduk is the most emotional/emotive instrument I've ever heard,aside from voice,(not just human).,The Turkish Kemence comes close,as do some of the Viet namese strings."

Daryl added:
"Shakuhachi, too. There really is something about wind instruments that can be so extraordinarily expressive.".

Yes, I agree and to add to that list,
the Ney,
 the overtone flutes used in Hungarian music (not sure of their name)

Sarangii,   the string instrument from India that has overtone strings on it..................all very emotive instruments that
seemed particularly suite to melancholy and sadness.

The little one string fiddle that Ali Farka used to play from Mali (again, not sure of it's name)

The Musical Saw

The Theremin

Pedal and Lap Steel Guitars

and, of course one must add any instrument that any one can conjure those emotions with.
(".......while my guitar gently weeps....")

--
http://myspace.com/usrsbin
http://audiozoloft.com