re: Duduk and melancholic instruments

dont forget the Cello,that instument just breakes my heart
I love the way Nick Drake arranged strings in his music everything very low
If you like beautiful melancholy like i do listen to this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEAsZa4Qz2Y&feature=PlayList&p=C4EC6703BFD9B53E&index=0&playnext=1

But nowdays melancholy is not very hip...is it?