Re: Blogs

I started a blog eight years ago. Wrote in Swedish because the purpose
of that blog was to take over after an e-book on "Internet Music" I
had written, also in Swedish. I sold the book on CD and the price
included free updates by email if the customer registered. After a
while I found that I was sending out more "updates" than selling
e-books (it was a lot to write about in those days with Napster,
eMusic, mp3.com etc staring out and the RIAA desperately hunting them
down, as they still do.... LOL). I also noticed that the email
newsletter, even if it was non payed workload for me, payed off in
generating speeches, guest lectures and appearances at radio and
television debates. So I decided to not put it down for that reason
and have kept it going while also releasing paper books in Swedish on
the same topic.

In the later years it has happened more often that I've been hired to
perform or teach Live Looping and I recently decided to start a new
blog on that theme, to support that public interest and hopefully
increase my professional work in the field. But I intentionally write
it in my own way and from my perspective; noodling about the iceberg
that surfaces as peaks into our daily life as outlets of music,
philosophy and any kind of art. I.e. the stuff that confuses me every
day and keeps me from leading a normal life. Regged the URL
http://www.perboysen.com/ for that one. This time I started out in
English right away. Something I should have done with the Internet
Music thing back in the nineties; Liquid Audio, the pioneer in digital
distribution, advised me to write the e-book in English, but I didn't
listen back then (stupid mistake, oh well...)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com