Re: OT: StringPort for polyphonic guitars

Warren Sirota wrote:
> i'm sorry, you don't think a hw guitar synth is using d/a converters
> with buffering internally?

I'm not sure exactly how a piece of HW with a dedicated DSP chip works,
but certainly the latency from in to out can be very low.

Much less than with an audio interface feeding into a non-real time OS
like Windows or OSX.

That being said, I be very interested to know how the StringPort performs
in this respect. If the interface/drivers are specifically designed for
low latency
it could be impressive.

andy