Re: Bowed String Instrumentalists Speakers

Rick Walker wrote:
> I abolutely love my new set up.
>
> I'm using a 10"  full range RCF powered monitor that goes down to 50
>cycles
> Then I went out and bought a compact and inexpesnive subwoofer for
> a home stereo system that my rack sits on top of.
>
> For small venues it has sound that you could mix a record on.

I'll believe that. Some years ago I worked quite a lot with RCF drivers
in a biz where we build rent-out PA systems.
Although RCF aren't really cheap, they make several hi-power models with
  absolutely good fidelity.
The hi-power ones need to have the stiff rear-spider suspension
broken-in, else they'll often sound too tight/compressed for some time.

--
rgds,
van Sinn