Re: Steppophonic - could this work?

Hi Per

as Jeff suggested, single shot loops are no problem for Mobius (and should
be a piece of cake for any other looper imo).

>My idea needs scaling to the simplest musical timing values (fourth note,
>dotted, triplet etc)
Yes, you can achieve that. The trick is to prepare ryhthmic MIDI Ableton
clips for triggering the samples. So, i.e. in Clip1 you trigger the loop
every beat (4 midi triggers in one Ableton loop), in Clip2 you trigger the
beat twice a beat (8 midi triggers in one Ableton loop), in Clip3 you
trigger the beat in triplets (3 midi triggers in one Ableton loop) and so
on...
Obviously, you'd still have the same loop length. However, you could i.e.
also send a "half-speed" command via MIDI witihin Clip2 etc.

Now, for overlapping notes:
First of all, you define in your Ableton Clip containing the MIDI
harmonies what you will hear simulatneously (via Vocal Harmonizer).
If you'd like to have a distinct attack while the other loop fades out,
you would need a workaround: When you record your sample, you duplicate
your loop (Mobius script?) and trigger the two (identical) loops
alternatively via midi from Ableton.

I know this is not the out-of-box MAX/MSP tool you'd like to have - but I
think you can get pretty far with such an approach (you could i.e. create
rhythmic/harmonic patterns on the fly by recording MIDI clips into Ableton
via keys/midi-guitar...).

What you want is not really that unrealstic- so, stay on it! :-)

best regards
Buzap

--
Sensationsangebot verlängert: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K1308T4569a