k hartungs 'is this jazz'? // amps vs pa's for amplifying loops

krispen-
i'm listening to your performance, and the beginning min or 2, i will definately say, "it sounds like jazz to me." perhaps a bit out, some big chords, etc, nice tone and all, very bassy,
then i'm assuming i'm now hearing the phone calls, and wow, they sound found, wild and whacky!!! i'm not going to say "EXPERIMENTAL" b/c of the loaded word that is, and due to the discussion a few weeks back about that (haha).
but some good stuff.
one thing i like is the stereo/ping pongin sound going back in forth in my headphones. good stuff. i'm going to go out on a limb, and say, it's jazz, it just may not be your father or grandfathers jazz, but it sounds jazzy...

today i tested out a crate v18 tube amp. i liked the sound, but decided that it was way too loud and overpowering for my (small) studio space.
i've been sort of pondering and wondering how many folks use some type of PA system to amplify loops instead of guitar amps (if you do guitar looping).? just debating whether the guitar amps sounds are really what i want, i usually run my amp real clean and get distortion from my digital preamps...
i know there has been some discussion about using PA's in the past, i may have to re look those up.....
s---
ps-krispen the phone beeps are quite interesting and funny!!!!!