Re: A Different Looping Approach

Hey Ricky

> sort of http://www.rickygraham.net/2009/graham_edp_180109.avi

Yes, that's it!! :-)

I guess my affinity to that approach comes from my very first looper: The
Zoom SampleTrak 224:
http://www.samsontech.com/products/relatedDocs/st224.jpg
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan99/articles/zoomsample695.htm

You had 3 Banks of 8 samples that you could record. Then you could either
trigger them directly or loop them. You could also arrange playback with
the built-in sampler.
With MIDI-IN you could trigger each sample via keyboard. It would even
automatically pitch shift a sample and assign it as a major scale to all 8
buttons of a bank...
It can auto-sync two samples either by time-stretching or pitch-shfiting...
With the built-in effects, resampling etc. it was a beautiful tool...
I wish they had it in 44,1kHz quality (it was only 32kHz and you feel it).

Actually, setting up the SampleTrak together with Ableton (which was not
available 10 years ago ;-)

best regards
Buzap
http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger