RE: roger mayer in "premiere guitar" on looping...

Sounds like he hasn’t seen any really good loopers.

 Bill

From: scott hansen [mailto:evanpeewee@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2009 6:45 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: roger mayer in "premiere guitar" on looping...

wasn't sure if anyone saw this, towards the end of interview w/ roger mayer, his thoughts on looping....

What are you looking towards as the next development in pedal design?

Well, I’m looking forward to—I cannot see any reason why when somebody plays a guitar riff that the whole guitar riff should have the same sound. Why should the front of the guitar riff have the same sound as the rear of it? I believe in more dynamics in the music, more player control, anything to impart to the listener that they are hearing a human performance. I’m not a believer in looping, because I believe that someone playing something ten times in a row is far better than hearing them play it once and having it looped. It’s more interesting and the public can immediately hear some of it is in the performance. It’s perceived as not being exacting, and I think that with instruments like the guitar, it’s nice to get that input. And obviously, I mean, isn’t that one of the reasons that people pick the guitar up?