Re: Mainstage, Ultralite and Augustus Loop

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Sjaak <tcplugin@scarlet.be> wrote:
> I think Per already reported this in the past but the only real problem
>I have run into so far is > that Mainstage becomes instable when you
>insert an external AU plugin on a bus.

May I jump in and state what I reported. The instability has not to do
with a bus but with syncing MainSTage to a sync master plug-in.
Suppose you open the looper (Augustus Loop, SooperLooper or Mobius VST
inside Bidule AU plug-in) on a bus and set the looper to put out MIDI
Clock sync while you set MainSTage to pick up tempo from incoming
MIDI. This works fine for a minute maybe, but MainStage is totally
going to crash in this set-up. Which is sad. I still run MainSTage as
the tempo sync slave (to Mobius) on my MacBook, but I don't put the
looper on a bus inside MainStage - I run the looper as a parallel
standalone application. But the MIDI Clock form Mobius still goes
though the computer's operating system into MainStage. I have not been
able to make this tandem standalone set-up crash yet. It's totally
stable.

This all only relates to people that wants to set the tempo by playing
in looping instead of starting out by adapting to a click track. If
you don't have a problem with setting the tempo in MainStage for you
and your looper to follow, then there will be no instability issue
with opening the looper as a plug-in on a bus.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com