Re: OT DID YOU KNOW? A fascinating and eye opening video about changes in the digital media age

 but my gut tells me China
and India need cultural transformation to take over world leadership.

Errrm... are you perhaps suggesting that the US rules the world???

In my company, I have a lead programmer who is Indian, he oversees a department we have set-up in Indian, yes cos its cheaper!!! When I talked to him about this, he laughed, he said that for some reason, we in the west think that just because they have their "colourful culture" we think that they are somehow behind them... I said er.. poverty... he said, yes Ive seen that poverty in the US... and I said.. but Japan will always be ahead in technology, he said, and look how they treat their employees...

I dunno... Im not suggesting that a complete cultural "about turn" is on the cards, and that the third world becomes the first world... but I DO believe that there is a FANTASTIC chance, for the third world countries to catch up, thru technology...

And a less greedy work ethic...

As a UK citizen, living in Norway I can see the difference even between here and the UK... there is simply NO poverty here in Norway, everyone who wants one can have an apartment, and a job. There is free health care, good wages... christ... Someone asked me for some spare change the other day, I was carrying a Burger King Meal ,which contained a free Coke that I hate... I said I didnt have any cash, but would he like the drink... he said.. Coca Cola.. no way thanks mate, I dont support that fucking company... then HIS mobile phone rang and he got side tracked, as I walked away... Over here even the beggars are fussy!!!

I think that India and China are going to sneak up on us, if they havent already...

Mark

--
www.markfrancombe.com
http://vimeo.com/user825094