Re: Piano phase by steve reich

Michael Peters schrieb:
> for those interested in Music for 18 Musicians, I wrote a blog entry
>about
> yesterday's concert ... please ignore my very personal and emotional
>ranting

Very nice, I am also always seeking this point of "stopping the
different trains..."... ;-)

"Fortunately, at least for a while, my mind finally stopped yesterday,
and as always when this happens, it happens completely on its own,
completely beyond my control. Some sudden change in the music triggers
something deep and before my mind can react, it is pushed aside, making
room for being moved, being present and still."

I would call it the spiritual aspect of music.
Religions are human made abstract constructions which have only very
small connections to the spiritual reality, they are just sold as "the
connection".
But only real experience can connect you... I think thats is what music
and all art is about, help to create the connection within and for a
community... Difficult job, but very rewarding, you're quite good at
that too...

Stefan

--
Les Ondes Mémorielles---------x--