Re: ways to loop as duo

Let him loop at a track of his own in Mobius on your laptop! Assign
that track input to a dedicated physical input on your audio interface
and write a few scripts for his commands. The point with scripts is
that you can use the line "for 8" (if Track 8 is where he is going to
loop). Then simply give him some MIDI pedal to control Record, Overdub
and Multiply. Make sure the MIDI events sent from his are not the same
number and channel as you are using.

This should equal the set-up to jam together with two EDP's, except
for that you miss out on the EDP special Brother Sync. You start with
a loop and your percussionist adds stuff or takes away stuff on his
Tack 8.

Excited to hear reports on how this goes! The EDP brother sync
sessions we did when Matthias Grob and Rick Walker visited me here in
Sweden worked out very well and I know one other Swedish folk music
duo that uses Mobius with this "sharing dedicated tracks" set-up.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com