Re: MySpace headaches... - experience?

I don't see why the fact that "people are flocking there" should be viewed as a disincentive for using a service to promote one's music, other than periodic slow access time.  Social networking is a concept that isn't going away, and a social network is no good if no-one uses it.

My experience is that myspace has become the general population's default way to search for examples of someone's music, i.e. "Hey--do you have a myspace?" and certainly the booking agents in my area prefer the (fairly) unified use experience for finding all the traditional press pack information online--music samples, pictures, list of upcoming dates, a few press blurbs, some indication of how many fans you might have.  As long as you delete all the comments people post to your page and don't go crazy with giant background images and umpteen embedded youtube videos, the page loads quickly and has everything people really want and you don't pay a dime.

TH