Re: OT: Frequency of SPAM

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 6:04 AM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com> wrote:
OH THAT... but that is just happening IN your client, in my case Firefox.

or so we'd like to think

When I open a mail (or write a mail) Indeed, gmail will display ads on the side bar and one small ad above the mail interface. But that is merely the page sending out a request to the google ad server thats tagged their ads with relevant keywords...
That  a whole other thing than Google "scanning you mails" as they are sent...

that's right (if true) - they're scanning your mails as you read them. very different indeed. not.

Hey, I totally use gmail - anyone who needs email in multiple places on a regular basis will end up moving to web-based mail eventually. but i have no illusion or expectation of privacy. "Privacy is dead, has been for years, get over it" is kinda my attitude.

--
Warren
http://www.ubetoo.com/Artist.taf?_ArtistId=6679