OT: True Sound Morphing

Sometimes we fade out a loop while fading in another loop and call it
"morphing". But that really isn't true morphing. I can tell now
because I just experienced what true morphing is!

I was sleeping in my bed and dreaming about hearing these two
masculine voices singing a beautiful duet in a high pitched liturgy
style. Two counterpoint lines crawling around each other like playful
snakes. It sounded awesome - but soon it started to be interesting in
a way I have never heard before and unfortunately can't describe. It
must be heard. What happened was that these two melody lines and their
voices gradually changed into something else. Something completely
different - and utterly ugly!

I experienced the process of morphing as about ten seconds and luckily
the dream was lucid, meaning I knew I was dreaming and thinking "now,
this is just a really cool dream". I did the mistake to look around
too eagerly, since I wanted to see what kind of church like room
produced the ambiance to the duet, and that
looking-around-in-the-dream got me starting to wake up. While I
noticed that my body was starting the waking-up sequence I went back
to concentrate fully on just those two singing voices.  The continuous
change they went through - as my body woke up - was a totally a mind
blowing effect I had never heard before. It was not the sound
morphing, nor the volume level morphing and it wasn't in the melodies
morphing either. It was like the music itself was changing without
taking anything away or adding something new - it just morphed. I
could hear the total transformation of the two beautifully singing
voices into becoming two sore voices of two male teens shouting to
each other at the school yard outside my window! And I just couldn't
believe that ugly noise had been furnished into such beautiful and
intricate music ten seconds before by my sleeping brain. It's funny to
know that the morphing process I heard would not be physically
possible to produce as sound/music. But still I did hear it.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com