Re: New World - Chill Ambient live improvisation (free)

> Listening here now.... very nice! Enjoying it. The thinning-stuff-out
> part at the end is excellent! Love those reversed loops all over! And
> the non looping feel of the plain piano sound playing.
>
> But what is "roots"? Using sampled guitar sound? Improvising? Playing
> a keyboard instrument? I guess it is something in this piece that is
> about the first things you once learned in creating music - but what?

I’m happy with this track because it makes me feel good and remembers me
of the ambient style I started with 10 years ago: acoustic piano, strings
and delays, using very little notes and simple themes. The sound was like
chilli, cinematic, away from this planet. I could play and record for
hours. But I didn't know about LD and loopers at the time, I sometimes
thought I was the only person making this kind of music in The Netherlands
;)

It’s like I told Rick Walker last year: finding out about the Loopers
Delight community felt for me like becoming part of a big family, having
100 new brothers ? There are so many creative musicians on this list who
appreciate what we do, regardless of the style you make and that is a good
motivation to continue the journey.
---
Sjaak
http://euroloopfest.com/