Re: Live Looping: it pops up everywhere

Some good points were raised about the Boomerang, all of which I agree with,
but there are some downsides:

Sound quality - There is definite degradation of sound upon playback, a
slight
"transistor radio" feel to it. I notice that if I use a software looper like
Mobius
or the others, the playback is pristine. Ditto with the old Jamman.

Not so with the Boomerang. The loss of fidelity is slight but
unmistakable.If
you can overlook that, it is a great looper to start out with.

The only other problem I have with the 'Rang is the arcane way you have to
program it. Don't expect nice, intuitive dials and switches to set your
prefs.
Rather, you will be asked to click different combinations of the
footswitches
and watching whether LEDs are on, off, dim, or bright. For $400, I would
expect a little bit more of an intuitive interface.

Oh, for what it's worth, the volume control does not go down to zero, so
you can never roll it down to a complete fadeout.

Again, this post is meant to make you aware of the downsides, as the
upsides have already been expressed. It's a great starter device but only if
a slight but noticeable loss in fidelity is acceptable. It's extremely easy
use in a live situation.

Brian C.