Re: OT: Tuning guitar in fifths for wider orchestration options

Well, I can't disagree with you at all here, Bill. If someone asked me
to play slide, I'd probably whip my E's down to D before I picked up the
bottleneck. I had to pick up the guitar to try your big chord, too -
nice sound, big-ass stretch! Not something I would stumble upon and try
to hang onto for a full verse.

Since I seem to gravitate toward minimal sound options in general
anyway, it may just be part of my personality that makes me prefer the
small box of crayons.

I don't think any of my points remain...maybe I should just retract my
whole post (where's that life Undo button??).

cheers,

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com