Re: EDP problem

You can troubleshoot the footswitch by connecting a multimeter and
reading the resistance values of each switch.  The values are in the
archives and on the LD site.  Cleaning can help, but yes, eventually
they need to be replaced.  They are cheap and available from Mouser
(and others).  That info is also archived/on the site.

What you want to see are steady resistance values when you depress a
switch.  If it jumps around, the EDP gets confused.  Dirty or worn
switches will do this, and you'll probably note that it happens to the
most commonly used switches--Record, Overdub, Next, etc.

Or, you can buy an FCB.  However, it's switches eventually fail also.
I'm not sure that I've seen an easy fix for that.

TH