EDP MIDI Editor for Cubase

Hey all,

So something I've had on the backlog for a while is to try and conjure up some kind of MIDI editor for my EDP/DAW, so I can make up bizarro sequences of EDP MIDI commands, have it as a MIDI track in Cubase controlling my EDP, and then play stuff through it and hope something inspirational comes out the other end :)

It occurred to me that probably most of the commands could be done via a drum map, and then nicely entered/edited with the drum editor... with perphaps a MIDI plugin/transform insert to generate multibyte sequences if necessary. Or something. Kinda.

I haven't really had a window in my copious free time to try this out yet, but has anyone here done something similar? Or is there another, perhaps easier/better way to do this?

Thanks,
--jay