Re: please be courteous to the list

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Stefan Tiedje
<stefantiedje@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Sjaak schrieb:
>>
>> Imo, using email is no longer the most efficient method for a
>> community like this.

I am of the opposite opinion,  because for me "efficiency" means "time
needed for communicating". That's why I love the Gmail interface, it's
so fast! But forums are nice for those who have the extra time. For
beginners it would be nice with a forum because people can post
pictures and upload tutorials to help each other etc. A good way of
handling it would be to have both a forum and a mailing list and set
it up in a way that all mails are duplicated and sent out to the list
and all list mails are duplicated as forum posts, thread equaling
subject line. Myself I would mostly stick with the mailing list,
though. And... LOL, thinking about the tendency on this list to
instantly wander off into Off-Topic discussions... man, the forum
would be very, very hard to navigate!  ;-))

I just found out today that I can read forums in my RSS reader instead
of logging in there, so I'm doing that now (using NetNewsWire here).
For posting you would need to open a forum page though.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com