euro touring, something I forgot to mention

I have been meaning to post something else about euro touring and power supplies. It is a hassle to deal with the different voltages over there, but what I have done is look here for power supplies that are 110 to 240 both, that way when I go over there, all I have to deal with are the adaptor situations, which is much easier, there are lots of power suppies, wall warts and such that you can get in the US that are both voltages. This is much better than dealing with transformers and such. Rack mount gear is often dual voltage nowadays too.

Also if you are using a laptop, they are almost always dual voltage, but I would and do always have a 12 volt power supply for my laptop, this way if I need to do some editing (I usually have a mobile 8 track recording Nuendo with me) then I can have a battery on the plane or in cars planes trains automobiles I have power. (they are not that easy to find, but can be found much cheaper than the 200 buck multi input outup replacement laptop power supplies that they sell like in airports and such)

Andy