Re: Ableton: Send Midi CC in Loops?

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 11:59 PM, Buzap Buzap <buzap@gmx.net> wrote:
> while sending normal MIDI notes in Ableton Live scenes is easy. I was
>wondering: How do you send midi CC commands?

I guess you want to make the launching of a scene send out a MIDI CC
event? The way to do it is to create a new MIDI clip as part of the
scene and fill that clip with the CC you want sent out. As for the
target, where to send it, you have to set that up by normal signal
routing in Live (drop-down menu in the channel strips "Output" box.)

> The idea is to trigger a loop in Ableton AND at the same time switch
>effect on effect pedal.

Depending on what you mean you need either an effect pedal that can be
switch on upon receiving the MIDI CC sent our from Live - or you need
a MIDI CC sending pedal to send in a MIDI CC into Live (and then in
Live you set both the effect plug-in and the clip, "the loop", to
listen to that CC as the binding for launch trig).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com