Re: Exploring new Loooperlative features

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 9:35 AM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:
> Would be fascinating to know which interpolation algorithm produces
> the "Repeater" sound, I'd always assumed it was the time stretch varying
> it's grain size in a somewhat haphazard way.

Yes, having owned a Repeater for a couple of years I can affirm that
those lovely artefacts are the bi product of time stretching - not
just speed (or rate) shifting. If you do a lot of stretching in the
Repeater the file structure is changed and the loop doesn't sound the
same at normal pitch any more. This tells for some harsh interpolation
going on.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se