Re: millennia preamp - OT

Thanks, I just downloaded and listened to the test files. Interesting!
As far as I can tell behind the 192 kbps mp3 curtain the Milennia tube
mode sounds best (to my taste). I can't tell though if it's the most
transparent sounding unit, since I don't know the source sound to
compare it to. For this particular instrument it seems more adequate
to look for a nice musical coloring of the sound than transparency in
the recording gear. It's great that you have access to that many mic
pre amps so you can use them on parallel tracks and avoid a summed
coloring of the general mix, if layering lots of parts by multi
tracking.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se