re: Davis' Modal Stuff

Dear Rainer,
you wrote:
"I'll start by stating that for me, "Kind of Blue" is one of the most
overrated works in music"

Considering that it is universally acclaimed as a masterpiece,  is the
top selling jazz record
of all time and probably the most influential one as well,  I'd be
curious to hear your
reasons for claiming it is one of the most overrated works in music
(don't worry, we'll wait
to later about your pronouncements about Mozart, Strauss , Reinhardt
and  Jarrett...........lol)

  I don't agree with you because I truly love this record
and consider it to be my one desert island jazz record if I could only
take one (and a battery
powered record player with unlimited batteries................<chuckle)
but I don't mind at all that you feel this way.

It would just be nice to hear your actual reasons for saying such a thing.

respectfully,  Rick