Re: Davis' Modal Stuff (and Ornette OT)

Rainer Straschill wrote:
> Thanks go to Andy Butler for, next to mentioning "Shape of Jazz
> to Come" (which I consciously did not mention to point out that it
> actually was a "traditional" lineup with piano), also pointing out

Not hard to mention that one, it's a personal favourite.

...the one with the piano is "Something Else".
I guess "debut on Atlantic" is misleading, he'd had 2 albums
on a small label already.
SOJTC is 2 horns and rhythm section.

Any other UK looper's going to see Ornette at the Royal Festival Hall?

andy butler