Dickie Landry

Awhile back, I mentioned a very early, looping pioneer artist who was doing live solo saxophone looping performances in Texas Louisiana (and?)
whose name is Dickie Landry. Well, the GOOD news is that he had released a CD back in 2006,of which I just recently found out about, and it is SUPERB!
3 long and beautiful, atmospheric, etc cuts that are a true joy.

I remembered in the very early 80's hearing about Landry and his story, but could never find anything by him to check out.
Definitely REVcommended!

Here is where to obtain a copy and support this very special artist, who is also an excellent painter, as well.

Also, previously unknown to me is that Mr. Landry was a founding member of the Philip Glass Ensemble and
has worked with Laurie Anderson, Talking Heads, painter Robert Rauschenberg, and host of other luminaries.

Enjoy!

L8r, rezon8ors!
Rev Fever

PS-He also released an LP way long ago entitled "12 Saxophones" which presents his very early looping artistry, but it is long out of print,
and any copies that can be found usually are sold for high prices. Maybe if he got enough interest generated by others, that he would consider
reissuing it onto CD? I think(?) he may be contacted thru the above label, but do not know for sure?  (Or..?)