Re: New "Rigs" videos featuring Thomas Dimuzio

I was all:
>> I just uploaded a series of 4 new "Rigs" videos, this time featuring
>> Thomas Dimuzio and his unique sampler/feedback setup.

and Christo Jota was like:
> It is noise! Is it art ?

Yup - Tom's a noise musician. In the genre "noise music", the focus is
on developing loud, chunky, saturated, often abrasive sounds. When
done well, it can be a refreshing head-cleaner, or a stimulating
physical presence of sound. Live sets in this genre tend to be
blissfully short - like 10-15 minutes. The musicians come in, say what
they have to say, and get out. In the field Thomas is considered to be
very good at what he does. He's more ambient than most harsh noise -
longer form reverby sounds with a lot of gradually shifting textures.

The Rigs videos will not all be noise musicians, but they'll all be
folks who have unusual approaches to making music.

btw...here's a video of my most recent gig, in which I try to play a
harsh noise set. The sounds in the beginning are very typical harsh
noise (except they're usually faster and less organized). I'm happy
with the stuff that starts at around 4:30. Lots of fun playing with
the clipping of the room's speakers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCldC4rZDiw

Matt Davignon
www.ribosomemusic.com