Re: Any experienced Ableton users able to give me a hand?

Mech - This is awesome! I took a sabatical from Live the past week because of my frustration with audio effect racks. I've been learning Bidule and with some help from the incredibly kind Per, I was up and running in no time. Using the simple audio switcher in Bidule is so much easier than the rack madness I was dealing with in Live but almost wish I didn't read your post because now I want to go back to Live to see if I can adapt my songs to using almost all send return channels:)

When you say your sending a parallel message to turn off effects would both be done with a midi clip? Since I only have the two expression pedals on the fcb and my hands are tied when I play I'm guessing midi clips would be the way to go to automate everything for me. Since I'll have four or return tracks with multiple send knobs on each one I guess you either automate them or you have Novation remote zero-like controller with a bunch of knobs that your able to use while you perform.

Thanks again, for helping see routing in Live in a new way. I need to re-read your post a couple more times to wrap my head around it. I've been painting past couple of days and I think the fumes are making me a little slower:)

Todd