Re: Way OT: Living Room Receiver

Every time someone comes over to watch a movie or show in surround
sound, I always notice a little smile as they look around during a
time when the surround track fools them into thinking something
happened behind them.  My Harmon Kardon system really isn't top of the
line but it sounds great to me (I power it with some boston acoustic
book shelf speakers and a set of mid priced center and rear surround
speakers.

Here's the more modern version of the amp I have:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016BGRX6/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=304485901&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00198F89A&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=12YDBRZ0RXTCNJ0S87P9

Mine still works great and sounds considerably better than other amps
in the same price range.

Mark