Re: octave shifter for winds

Subject: octave shifter for winds
From: Sylvain Poitras <sylvain.trombone@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 07:33:00 -0500
>Hi,
>Anyone have any recommendation for a hardware octave shifter for wind
>instruments?  I was looking at the EHX POG2, anyone tried playing
>something other than guitars through it?
>Thanks!
>Sylvain

Hi Sylvain
I've been playing chromatic and diatonic harmonica through my Micro POG
for maybe 18 months now.  I love it.  The latency is fractional and
opens up a world of effects the harp can sound good with.
I've been told it generates the sub octave and octave up tones, rather
than pitch shift the signal. Whatever it does, it's a smooth synth kind
of tone for harmonica and when you've got all three dials up and add
plenty of reverb, it sounds like a reed organ.  :)
I was going to save up and buy a second Micro POG, and really glad I
didn't.  I'll be closely watching reviews on the EH POG2, it has all the
features that I was interested in the POG and HOG, but a fraction of the
size, a better stronger enclosure, and similar price to the SMMH.
The 8 preset feature is brilliant.  I'm really hoping it's a keeper.
Cheers,
-- G.