Re: Soundtoys (was Augustus Loop, Little Spacy and)

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 1:13 PM, eterogeneo<info@eterogeneo.com> wrote:
> So I've checked their website and me too noticed they are overpriced,
>till
> you buy the native effects pack ($495), then you will pay each plugin
>about
> $ 99, that is a reasonable price.
> So it's an issue of market policy they are adopting.
> The sound of those plugins is really of the highest levels...it's a real
> temptation.

The Eventide Eclipse was $ 2775 and it doesn't even work inside a laptop!

I'm not against "free stuff" in general but I'm definitely pro decent
pricing where it guarantees that talented people will keep on
providing awesome tools that I use in my art.

For anyone that knows what the SoundToys plug-ins offers and that
wants to work with those tools, I think it is well worth the money to
buy the Native Bundle. I also like that the license is carried on an
iLok which takes away all the hassle in using different computers. For
a person that is just "checking out cool sounds" I agree that the
price might be too high compared to those free VSTs mocked up in
Synth-Edit.

I don't follow the trend to assemble as many free plug-ins as possible
from the internet. To me it has proven more productive to use quite
few tools, stick with quality and put some effort into learning these
few tools well.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se