Re: Is RC-50 really noisy? (And other concerns with noise in live rigs?)

Thanks!

http://margaretnoble.net/

From: Mark Sottilaro <zerocrossing@gmail.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 5:59:10 PM
Subject: Re: Is RC-50 really noisy? (And other concerns with noise in live rigs?)

I can't comment on the RC-50 but I'm on your website and it's quite
nice.  Love the audio recordings.

Any looper can be prone to noise especially if you're micing
instruments (like your woodwinds for instance) instead of going
direct, or leaving loops in record with a high gain effect in front of
it.  Your best bet to keep your loops clean would be to put your
looper in a send channel buss of your mixer (don't skimp on your mixer
either) and use the send knobs to only feed your open loop when you
want to actually add to it from that track.

From the sound of your music the last thing you want is a gate on
anything.  Just be really mindful of open mics feeding a loop that's
in record. Also, make it part of your sound!