OT: for our planned festival - distribution channels regarding "call for performers", legal advice regarding ancillary copyright

Dear group,

regarding the concept of our Virtual Sound and Vision festival
(http://www.myspace.com/vsvfestival), I have a few questions to ask:

1. distribution channels for a "call for performers" (and later, to
market it to the audience):
Where would you go? Right now, we have a myspace and facebook page,
and are planning to hit this list in a few days, but which other
groups (you may be a member of, and would volunteer to post the call),
blogs etc. would make sense to find our target performers (and later:
audience)?

Basically, it's about acts with interesting combination of audio and video.

2. considerations regarding ancilllary copyright:
Say, you're putting together a festival (be it a real or a virtual
one). How do you deal with copyright/roaylties? I know that for live
gigs in Germany, the presenter has to pay for them, but I don't know
about internet video streams (and more specifically, if you only
forward a stream created by someone else).
How do you deal with that topic? Any media law experts here that could
help me out with some kind of declaration I can have the acts sign?

Thanks for all your help,

             Rainer